Sunday, May 8, 2011

Race For The Cure



My very first 5K and my family was my cheering crew.

The race was awesome and to see so many people there to support the cause was really amazing. I jogged most of it, but did have to walk it out in a couple spots to catch my breath. But in the end I was very proud of myself. I finished at 37 minutes. My goal was under for 40, so i beat my personal goal. Yay!! I hope to improve as I go and be able to do in in under 30 next year. I had Laurie and Amy with me cheering me on the whole way and telling me I could do it. I was really greatful for them they totally could have dusted me and finished 10 minutes earlier but they didn't and they stuck it out and was there with me when i crossed my first finish line..










It was kindof a bummer to jog my little heart out only to get to the end and have to walk the finish line because of gridlock but I was still proud of me and was happy to have friends and family there to congratulate me. It was a great feeling to finish..












No comments: